Monday, June 23, 2008

For this Tuesday's class we were suppose to sign up to 2nd life and play the virtual reality game. I did this and found it to be a confusing game. I didn't get very into it, but I choose a character and walked around the world it brought me to right away. I started on a beach and ended up walking around a small town and climbing some hill. I didn't get very far in this game because my computer get freezing on me or completely shutting off. In the game I learned to fly and drive a car. I also tried to change my outfit and my appearance a little, but was unable to do so. I also tried to change my location, but I was unable to figure out how to do so. I don't get how people get so addicted to this game. I did not find it very fun, but then again, maybe if my computer didn't freeze every few minutes I would have figured it out. I also think it's crazy that people spend money on this game to buy items that aren't even really, only in the game. I watched a tv show on this game a few months ago. I do no remember what it was called, but it was a talk show on this reality game and how people get addicted to it. I saw that a little girl was addicted to it. She didn't have many friends at school and became addicted to this game because it allowed her to have people to talk to and a new life to live. I feel like this game could be dangerous for younger kids. They may have no idea who they are talking to when they meet someone and actually want to talk or meet them in real life. I wish I was able to play the game a little better to try and get a better understanding of why people like it so much.

No comments: